Sayulita is home to a lot of beachfront hotels but please note that the main beach is where most of them are located. The main beach is the most vibrant and active part of town but can also get loud. Before deciding where to stay in Sayulita, make sure to identify your needs and the type of traveler that you are. If you are traveling solo, staying in a beachfront property can give you the opportunity to meet new people as it is the hub for get-togethers.
If you are a honeymooner, you might consider choosing a beachfront hotel that’s more north as your privacy is guaranteed in this area. For families, make sure to have lifeguards and security so you don’t have to worry about your children’s safety while on vacation. It’s also very important to know the layout of your accommodation such as road conditions and accessibility.
Helpful tips when booking your Sayulita beachfront hotel
- Make sure to ask the host if there is direct beach access. After all, this is your number one reason to book a beachfront hotel in Sayulita
- Check the distance from town. Sayulita main beach is big (and long) so make sure your hotel is walking distance to the city center
- Check road conditions. This is quite tricky since not all hotels disclose the road conditions to their property. You may need a golf cart in order to access it. If you need questions about road conditions, we know all the streets in Sayulita – just get in touch with us!
- Booking platforms to use that will give you the best rates for your Sayulita beachfront hotel: Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, and Agoda.
Questions about Sayulita? We always answer reader questions so if you have any, feel free to email us at sayulitainsider[at]gmail[dot]com or send us a message through our channels below:
#1: Azul Pitaya
Azul Pitaya is literally on the beachfront where there is access to restaurants. They have free parking, outdoor pool, and this hotel also has its own bar. Aside from being on the beachfront, it also has common spaces like a lounge and a garden. This is very centric to town so expect the hustle and bustle.
This accommodation is ideal for solo travelers, couples, and groups of friends. A large room with king bed during the high season start at $180 USD for 2 pax. This hotel also offers flexible cancellations.
#2: Casa Love
Casa Love is a cute little casita that can be your home in Sayulita. Guests who stayed here are raving about the beachfront views and the amazing hosts. Most foreigners who stay here are solo travelers but it can also be a good accommodation for small families.
Prices start at $74 USD per night for two people (high season) and have flexible cancellation policies. We particularly love the wall paintings and murals in Casa Love – they’re definitely instagrammable!
#3: Hotel Ysuri
Hotel Ysuri has a restaurant, private parking, an outdoor swimming pool, and a bar. It is considered a 5-star hotel in Sayulita with AC rooms, free wifi, all with private bathrooms. Families traveling with kids loved staying here and most of them said this is very kid-friendly! They also have family rooms for large groups.
Price per night starts at $162 USD per night (Junior Suite) and included a continental or à la carte breakfast. Vegetarians can also request a special brekky. The rooms at Casa Ysuri have different view options: mountain, courtyard, pool, sea, garden, and town views. Rooms also have terraces.
👉 Support our transparent and honest journalism. Help us add value to our content – keep Sayulita Insider free for all by making a contribution today.
#4: Villa Vargas
Villa Vargas is one of our favorites and we loved staying here! The rooms are very spacious, airy, and there’s even one villa with a private pool. Families traveling with children love staying here because of the pool and the safe environment for young kids.
High season prices start at $700 USD per night (for a 279 m villa) but there are many different room options in this hotel. However, Villa Vargas payments are usually non-refundable, depending on the booking platform you will use.
Villa Amor is one of the most popular beachfront hotels in Sayulita because of its prime cliff location where you can see great ocean views. This hotel is popular to honeymooners and couples. The location is quite centric but it is far from the hustle and bustle of the Sayulita nightlife. Your privacy is guaranteed here.
Villa Amor has different suites and prices vary. A standard villa starts at $348 USD per night (for 2 pax). There are many room choices in Villa Amor depending on your budget needs. And oh, they have a pool, too!
Ready to book your trip to Sayulita, Mexico?
Below are the best resources on planning your trip to Sayulita, Mexico. We also offer trip planning services – just get in touch if you need anything and our local staff will guide you all the way!
- Vrbo: Sayulita Insider supports VRBO instead of Airbnb. VRBO has a “Book with Confidence Guarantee Program” that is very beneficial especially at this time when our travel plans are always changing.
- Hostelworld: Planning to go backpacking in Sayulita? Stay in hostels! This is best for people who travel solo and want to meet friends on their trips!
- Agoda: This platform has lots of deals and no other booking platform shows the best accommodation discounts.
- Booking.com: Use this platform if you want flexible cancellations. You don’t need a credit card to secure your accommodation. Most of it is on a ‘pay at the property’ set up so you don’t need to pay for a cancellation fee in case your travel plans change.
- Kiwi.com: You can find the cheapest flights here with the best airlines. What Kiwi does is analyze your route and give you the best prices for your itinerary. Try it and see the difference with other flight booking platforms!
- Sayulita Insider Local Experiences: Our tours are 100% local and individuals who are entrepreneurs in Sayulita. We do not advertise companies so help us help the community by booking wit us!
- TripAdvisor: I book tours here whenever I want to see real-time reviews. The reviews here are from real people so you can always compare their experiences! Tours are super cheap, too!
- Travelwifi: take the internet with you when you travel to Sayulita! This pocket wifi works very well in Mexico and is great for travelers who need to work remote.